Monday, June 7, 2010

No plan survives...

... contact with the enemy. I planned to sail today with the raceboard and take a video with my friend Tomy's GoPro. But when I was ready the camera didn't power up. Batteries? I don't know. Maybe she knew the SW winds were waiting for us.  SW winds sweep the Ferrol area when a low pressure system passes by. They are very different form the steady trade NE winds that the high pressure systems generate. They are gusty, and they come with clouds & rain, making you feel you are not in control of the situation. They can kick your ass seriously if you are out there with your big board and sail. This afternoon, when I felt the first strong gusts power my 8.5, I knew I could get in trouble, so I jibed and headed back to the pier. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

No hay plan que resista el primer contacto con el enemigo. Puede que por ello mi plan de salir a navegar un rato con la raceboard y sacar un pequeño video con la GoPro de Tomi (gracias!) estaba condenado al fracaso. La cámara no se encendió, así que la dejé en tierra, y la salida con la raceboard también tuve que abortarla pronto, las rachas de SW eran más fuertes de lo previsto... ó quizá no, si hubiese ido un poco más abajo en el windguru.





ATENCION: ¡Comienzan hoy los Cursos de Windsurf en Caranza! Y necesitamos sitio para estibar la zodiac en el contenedor. Si tenéis vuestra vela montada, por favor pasad a desmontarla, podéis guardarla en el contenedor pero desmontada. Perdonad las molestias, esperamos que el nuevo contenedor llegue pronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment